Tags: appearing, breasts, conditions, dermatology, dots, drugs, health, increasing, itchless, medications, painless, red, skin, stomach, tiny

Tiny Red Dots on Breasts/Stomach

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Skin Conditions & Dermatology

6,525 words with 8 Comments; publish: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:01:00 GMT; (900156.01, « »)

I have small painless, itchless red dots that have been appearing for years and never go away, just keep increasing on my stomach and breasts only. A few months ago, one appeared below my left eye on my face and it hasn't gone away either. I have had many doctors look at them and basically tell me as long as they cause no problem not to worry about them. However, nobody seems to be able to tell me what they are and what causes them when asked. Also, I don't like the appearance of them and would like to get rid of them if at all possible. Help!

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 8 Comments
    • Hi there...

I too have small painless, itchless red dots on my upper body. They appear to be blood just under the skin for me. I don't know what mine are, I have a doctor's appt. on friday and plan on asking what they are, and what causes them. I don't have them on my lower body, just upper.I hope my Dr. will know what they are. Do yours also appear to be like blood just under the skin? Mine are tiny, I only have two that are a bit bigger. Write me back and explain more about these so I can see if they appear to be the same thing. Have a good day.

Kristina

#1; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:28:00 GMT
    • Hi there...

Kristina

Hi there,

I read somewhere in some literature about these red dots and it said something about as we grow older in our thirties or fourties we can have these dots which means that it has something to do with the blood vessels underneath the skin. I have them also...on my legs, stomach, breasts. They are supposed to be harmless and I think (not sure) they can be removed by a specialist at a high price. Most people that have them just learn to accept them as part of the aging process....but they are sort of ugly....oh well, there are other worst things than bloodly spots....I have learned to accept them.

Sandi

#2; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:29:00 GMT
    • Hey there!

One problem...Mine is not from aging. I am 19. Maybe these are not the same things, who knows. I will ask my doctor on friday when I go in. Thanks for you post.

Taylor's Aunt,

kristina

Hi there,

Sandi

#3; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:30:00 GMT
    • Sounds identical. The one I developed recently on my face is the largest one that actually resembles blood under the skin. The others are just tiny pinpointed dots and nothing more. Why did the largest have to appear on my face?
      #4; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:31:00 GMT
    • I read in a post somewhere on here recently that these are called "perechial hemorrhages". I looked them up on a couple of search engines and this seems to be what these spots are. They can occur internally as well as externally.

I've been getting these spots since I was about 16, mostly on stomach and breasts. I'm 33 now.

Hope this helps.

#5; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:32:00 GMT
    • I have both these on several area of my face and body.

Here is a link to a very extensive site showing photos of skin conditions.

Warning, the photos can be very graphic.

Look at "spider hemangioma" or spider nevus. The tiny red dots are called something else, I can't remember what.

I have both these on several area of my face and body.

Here is a link to a very extensive site showing photos of skin conditions.

Warning, the photos can be very graphic.

Look at "spider hemangioma" or spider nevus.

I have both these on several area of my face and body.

Here is a link to a very extensive site showing photos of skin conditions.

Warning, the photos can be very graphic.

Look at "spider hemangioma" or spider nevus.

This is a purely medical site with no advertising whatsoever. I hope it's o.k. to post it; if not let me know and I'll delete it. I read the rules and it seems o.k. to post tis.

Donna

#6; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:33:00 GMT

Hello again,

Those red spots that you have......do they feel like a raised bump when you glide your finger over the big ones? Are they perfect dark red spots, all in different sizes?

Sandi

#7; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:34:00 GMT
    • Hi!

I have two that are larger, and yes, they do feel a little raised. All of the others are just small pin point size blood under the skin looking things. THey are not in any pattern really, just randomly placed. When I see my Dr. On friday I will see if she knows anything about these things. Have a great day!!

Kristina